Thursday, April 10, 2014

Workshop Weekend

We ventured off to Portland for the weekend.

This time it was for me.

I have talked about MOMS Club before here.  It's a International group aimed at supporting stay at home moms.  I joined this club back when Anthony was 13 months old.  19 years ago.

Since then, I have been a member of 3 different chapters and held almost every executive board position and committee chair person.  So I guess it's not strange that I am now an International volunteer.  I am the State Coordinator for Oregon, Idaho, Alaska, Montana and Wyoming.

This weekend was a Executive board workshop.  It's where we help chapters understand some of the by-laws and more important offer ways to help their chapters stay strong and supportive to their members.

This year was different for me.  I was the co-host.  I generally am not the one that stands in front of a large group to give a talk.  Not big on public speaking.  But I did it and I think I did it went well. Which is good, since me and one of my Area Coordinators will be holding a workshop in Idaho and it will be just the two of us.  No worries.

Of course when ever we hit Portland we go to Buffalo Wild Wings.  We got there in time to watch the Trail Blazer game.  Which was a blast.

I didn't take my camera this trip.  So there are no pictures.  However, we start the soccer craziness this weekend.  Camera is ready to go.

Hope your week is a good one.


No comments: