Tuesday, August 26, 2014

ALS - Ice Bucket Challenge

The ALS or Amyotrophic lateral sclerosis , "Lou Gehrig's Disease.

I saw the challenges going on and I will admit had to google ALS to see what it is.  The ice bucket challenge was aimed at raising awareness and raising money.  Since the "ice bucket challenge is all over social media and the TV, I believe their plan worked.

The last report I read, they have raised 41 million dollars.  Taking the challenge is only part of it. The second part is to donate to the ALS foundation.

One of the things I know about myself was, I didn't know anything about ALS and didn't know anyone with the disease. So I learned.  I also found out that a friend of mine lost her mother to the disease.  I also heard first hand, just how horrible this disease is.

I watched the video's of my friends doing the challenge and thinking and hoping that I would not end up having to do it.  Thanks to my good friend Jessie, I was called out.  Here is my video, and I challenged my kids: Jason, Megan, Anthony, Kagan (Anthony's girl friend) and my brother Rick.  You have 24 hours to complete the challenge.  When my family is done, I will make my donation.

Here is my video:



Thanks to my wonderful daughter who edited the video.  What you don't see is, my dog decided to pee right in front of me.

Jason, decided to complete his challenge right after me.  Here is his video.  At least one of the people he challenged has already finished it and posted a video.

Here is Jason's video:


I will post the rest of the families as soon as they are done.

If you haven't already been challenged, take the time to research ALS.

No comments: